Connect with us


VIDEO: Peter Of Psquare Fame Shares Hellish Experience After He And His Family Tested Positive For Coronavirus



Aliona Okoye is the second child between the couple

Peter Okoye, one half of the defunct music group Psquare has narrated how his family survived after they tested positive for the coronavirus disease.

The musician who now goes by the stage name Mr. P took to his Twitter handle this afternoon revealed that himself, his wife Lola and their seven year old daughter Aliona, tested positive for the coronavirus disease.

READ ALSO: The Richest Actresses In Nigeria – Number 3 On The List Is Rumoured To Be A Lesbian – Photos

In a video he posted online, Peter Okoye said he was the first person that tested positive for the virus in his family.

The 38-year-old musician further explained that he transmitted the disease to two of his domestic staff and his young daughter, Aliona.

The doctor attending to them advised that his daughter be kept in isolation to avoid further spreading. However his wife refused and got close to the girl thereby getting infected.

”For the past three weeks, I have been ill and most people didn’t even know what was wrong with me. I kept it to myself. It has been three weeks of hell for me and my family. I had COVID19 for about three weeks and it happened to me. I was sick and I tested positive. The reason why I came out to say it is because I am going to encourage a lot of people concerning this whole social distancing, getting used to sanitizing your hands, disinfecting your environment, wearing your face mask and all that.It’s been hell for this family in this house. Not just me. Even two of my domestic staff. After a week, my daughter caught the virus as well. It was sad that when she caught it, the doctor insisted that she has to be self isolated in her own room but my wife did something very courageous. She said no. I was sick and I was being self-isolated in my guest room. I couldn’t even see my sick daughter and I was feeling so bad. I felt so bad because I felt that I am the one who actually brought the virus to the house. It was so bad that I had to be calling her on video, checking on her. The next day, my wife did someting very courageous. She picked our daughter from her room, held her and took her to the master bedroom and she called me and she started crying. I asked her what happened and she said I cannot live this girl alone. I would rather be infected and be with her. Five or six days later, my daughter was pronounced negative. When she was pronounced negative, we knew it wasn’t going to end there. The next day, Lola became positive. It has been hell but we had a bad experience. I just want to tell everybody that this COVID19 is real. Don’t take it for granted.

He added that his household together with all his staff have now tested negative to the dreadful disease.

READ ALSO: Nigeria Chases Its Corrupt Citizens Hiding Their Loot In Ghana