Connect with us


Man Gets Electrocuted At Betting Shop After Placing His Bet



A young Nigerian man Taiwo Akinlusi has died after he got electrocuted by a naked wire at a soccer betting shop in the country’s economic capital, Lagos.

The deceased who was a popular footballer played for Ejigbo All Stars FC, a Lagos-based amateur club.

The unfortunate incident occurred on Saturday, July 4 while he was descending the stairs after he had placed his bet at the gambling centre.

READ ALSO: Ghana’s Coronavirus Cases Surpass 20,000 With 122 Deaths

An eyewitness to the whole incident Abiodun Adaranijo revealed that the deceased was descending the staircases when he mistakenly grabbed a live wire dangling over his head.

The wire has been left dangling for a long time and people always bend down to avlid it. His corpse has since been deposited at the mortuary of Isolo Normal Hospital.